ISLA – FULL TERMS & CONDITIONS - 2019
These rules cover all competitive awards and prizes that we (Hardie Wren Development Initiatives (HWDI, UK or Hardie Wren Foundation, USA) may run from time to time, either on www.hardiewrendevelopmentinitiatives.org.uk or our official social media spaces.
- The promoter of the ISLA Award or other prizes is Hardie Wren Development Initiatives, The Dairy, 12 Stephen Road,Oxford, OX3 9AY, UK
- The ISLA Award is open to all NGO’s or legal entities operating in the general fields of science and health literacy.
- The Award or prize is not open to employees or volunteers of HWDI or their families.
- An approved organisation can submit more than one application as long as the subject of each application is a stand alone project with a clear goal, methodology and quantifiable and sustainable results.
- Applications must be made by a non governmental organisation or an entity legally recognised in its country of operation.
- Applications must be submitted in English, French or Spanish using the language specific application via an online submission process no later than 30th June 2019 at www.hardiewrendevelopmentinititives.org.uk/ISLA
- Applications on all aspects of science literacy (including subsets such as health, agriculture, environmental and citizen science) are invited.
- Preference will be given to those projects which have focussed on traditionally marginalised members of society including women, minorities and the very poor.
- Applications will be considered by the Board of HWDI and science literacy experts.
- Projects at the proposal stage will be only be considered.
- Collaboration between organisations and/or countries are welcomed.
- Extra weight will be given to projects that will provide for long term Science Literacy benefits to the community.
- The successful applicant must acknowledge the Award in all related activities and any future publications relating to the winning project.
- The prize money can be used for any aspect of the project, including materials and equipment, personnel and training, travel or accommodation.
- The Award is not transferable. The cash prize will be made available in whatever currency is requested by the winner.
- The winner will be notified by email within 60 days of the final application date.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The winning organisation may be asked to participate in post event publicity.
- It is a condition of entry that the rules of the Award or prize are accepted as final and that applicants agree to abide by the rules.
- No purchase is necessary.
- The name of the winner will be made public at a suitable international conference on any aspect of science literacy within 90 days of the final application date or later if no relevant venue is available within that time period.
- In compliance with the new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that comes into effect on 25th May, 2018 HWDI confirms that it will not divulge the details of any applicant or applying organisation unless given permission to do so in writing.
12 Stephen Road
Oxford, OX3 9AY
USA Tel: +1 775 247 0959
UK Tel: +44 7845 595118